Kristen Was a Junior

Some of my favorite books are the Betsy-Tacy series. In Betsy’s junior year of high school, told in the book Betsy was a Junior, she created a sorority, went out with the handsomest guy in school, and generally had a blast.

My junior year of college is turning out to be much different than Betsy’s. Instead of creating a sorority, I am spending my time writing twenty page weekly care plans, memorizing medications, and wading through all of the legal issues, mostly confidentiality, that go along with nursing.

The upside of this year is that I get to live in a cute little house, which I have finally taken pictures of (just for you, mom!)


The front of the house. On sunny, warm days I take up residence with my computer and books on the front porch. It’s pretty fun sitting there because it’s pretty likely that at least one person will get ticketed in the space of two hours. Good thing we have parking in the back. :)

Andrew and I decided that our door looked like a Hobbit hole, what with the all its roundness.


These mums are my constant companion. I didn’t like mums until this year when I decided to plant them, but there is something really nice about having flowers on the front porch.



The fireplace even works! We are piling up Exponent’s for fuel this winter.

3 Response to "Kristen Was a Junior"

  1. Anne Says:

    Thanks for the pictures! Your house is so cute! And I agree, the door looks like it belongs on a Hobbit's home. Great pictures on FB, too.

  2. Collin Hobbs Says:

    Hey Kristen, thanks for posting pictures! It looks like a neat house, 'specially like the round window on the door. So, what is the story with it's name? How did your house become known as "The Bakery"?

  3. Kristen Wegener Says:

    You know, Collin, I'm not 100% sure why it's called the Bakery, but I think it has something to do with the previous residents and their love for baking. We inherited both the sign and the name, and I think that I'm going to meet one of them this weekend when she comes back for a visit.

Post a Comment